Blacksnakes Combat Search & Rescue (CSAR) Demo
An airman has ejected into hostile territory from a downed aircraft… Time is of the essence as this airman depends on the quick response of the Combat Search & Rescue (CSAR) team to come to their aid and save their lives!
This year’s Fort Wayne Air Show will feature a realistic demonstration of the aircraft and techniques used in a CSAR exercise. It’s gonna be loud and explosive! Highlights from this exciting demonstration include:
- The demonstration will begin with an airman simulating a downed airman from a jet that was just shot down calling in support from "Sandy 1", a flight of 4 A-10 Thunderbolts
- A four-ship formation of A-10 Thunderbolts will roll onto the scene and take control of the communications, which will be broadcast to the crowd. Comms will be broadcast throughout the demo
- The lead A-10 will call in a two-ship of UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters to pick-up the downed airman.
- The A-10’s will suppress a threat with two strafing runs that will include pyrotechnic displays
- The UH-60 Blackhawks will infil two PJ’s with a "fast rope" to stabilize and protect the downed airman
- The A-10’s will protect the helicopter, PJ’s and downed airman with bomb runs that will use pyrotechnic displays
- The UH-60 Blackhawk will hoist the PJ’s and downed airman into the helicopter and all aircraft will depart